• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP: RE track bar bracket/brace 1660

97babyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone run the rubicon express HD track bar bracket and brace? i just ordered one and dont have the right trac bar for it so i wanna see if its worth it to buy the right one or just return everything? thanx guys anything will help

Not sure what your asking, but the RE 1660 trackbar and brace is one of the best out there,dont see how you can go wrong,other than you didnt say at what lift your at??

he's got the bracket and brace combo but the hiem or tre track bar.
you also need the HD RE tracbar or one of the likes. ie. the TNT and jks ones should work

im at about 4.5 inches and i didnt realize that the hd bracket is also a drop. i am concerned about my steering weather or not i am gonna need a drop pitman arm? as far as i knew if you drop the track bar you gota drop the pitman arm to avoid bump steer and or death wobble.

I am at about the same lift. I have the RE HD track bar and drop bracket and no drop on the pitman arm. I haven't had any problems with the steering.

Glen

hey yoda i actually got mine already lol well all but the track bar because i didnt realize i needed the 1660 lol so yeh i guess yul have yurs in before me good luck
get back to me thanx

97babyXJ said:
im at about 4.5 inches and i didnt realize that the hd bracket is also a drop. i am concerned about my steering weather or not i am gonna need a drop pitman arm? as far as i knew if you drop the track bar you gota drop the pitman arm to avoid bump steer and or death wobble.
The RE bracket "is not" a drop bracket.The dimensions are identical to stock!

i may be wrong but this is from the rubicon express website and i quote "RE1665 H.D. Track Bar Bracket XJ/ZJ - Extra H.D.front track bar bracket for Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. Required drop bracket for installation of RE1660."

97babyXJ said:
i may be wrong but this is from the rubicon express website and i quote "RE1665 H.D. Track Bar Bracket XJ/ZJ - Extra H.D.front track bar bracket for Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. Required drop bracket for installation of RE1660."
Do you own a tape measure?

its not a drop bracket it hangs lower so the flex joint is on the same axis as the factery balljoint so no need for drop pitman i have used the bracket and brace with the 1600 at 41/2 but i ordered spacer from spidertraxx that fit inside the heim and reduced it to 10mm to work with the bracket but it was like 1/8 to wide so had to grind it down to 2" worked fine till i got my drop brackets then the axel was moved forward so the trackbar would not go in the bracket without being in bind no good so got hd track bar and now all is good spacer from spidertraxx 45 bucks shipped im not sure but this could work in reverse if you dont have drop bracket hd track bar might not work

Back