• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pitman arm reccomendation?

VTJeepr

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I've got a 95 xj with 6" lift and normal steering setup. I was wondering what the best pitman arm is out there and if it really matters what brand I get. I saw some cheapos for about 20 bucks on e-bay. please educate me, 'preciate it,

Paul

At 6" of lift your probobly gonna have to do a different steering setup. Im at 6.5" and i went with JCR 1 ton steering on mine. Even with this setup it still seems like it may have binding problems not to mention it even has a 1" drop pitman. You may look into the offroad only steering. Its pricey but its suppose to be a good setup. If your gonna try to get away with just a pitman I wouldnt skimp to much after all if it broke you migh be shit up a creek. Oh yeah and dont forget to get a good steering brace with the drop arm.

A drop pitman arm is useless unless you relocate the trackbar.Im at 6" with stock steering(ZERO BUMPSTEER),I keep looking at the Currie setup just to eliminate/reduce the joint bind when fully flexed.

i'm at 6.75" and i run a ZJ pitman arm on Currie HD steeing, no bumpsteer at all!

Back