• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 ARB install????

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Any tips on the install?I had a real challenge with the airline and bulkhead fitting when I did the D30.

RCP Phx said:
Any tips on the install?I had a real challenge with the airline and bulkhead fitting when I did the D30.

You'll do better this time.....There's a flat spot on top of the housing that's cast there for an ARB line (really--OK, not really, but it works great)

Set-up bearings are a great advantage with Dana differentials.

CRASH

Ya, I picked up a $10 timken bearing from pepboys and made a set up bearing... its nice to only have to bore one.

The only thing that would have made it easier for me is if I had waited to cut the airline tube until after I put the diff in for the last time. I planned ahead and found out that it actually makes it harder if you have less of the metal tubing to work with... contrary to my guess. I also had a problem because I didn't plan ahead enough to look at the inside of the diff cover and the backside of the filler port hits right on the tubing. It isn't a problem, but it pushes the tube closer to the diff then I'd like. I wish I had waited until the end to cut that tube.

There is a perfect flat spot that dana cast in just for arbs.

Marcus

Don't know about the d30 model, but the 44 has some really sharp edges around the indentations for the ring gear bolts.

It is always a good idea to just put a union in the copper line. It makes removing the arb a lot easier if neccessary, not to mention taking some of the stress off the line.
JMTC,
Dustin

There isnt any room in there now!!LOL

Back