• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear driveshaft probs. after lift

rguy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '90 XJ with approx. 6" lift. Last night, I noticed that the rear driveshaft looks as though it will not swing down far enough to attach to the rearend yoke. I can't verify this because the rear driveshaft needs to be shortened (long story). If it will attach, I think it's going to be in a bind as soon as it rotates.

Help. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Rob

a slip yoke eliminator...that's it? how will that allow the driveshaft to drop more? who has the best price?

as far as the driveshaft, do I need a new one, modify the stock one, or swap in one from another vehicle?

Rob

If I use a RE Hank N Tap SYE, is there a driveshaft from another vehicle that I can use or not?

Rob

rguy said:
If I use a RE Hank N Tap SYE, is there a driveshaft from another vehicle that I can use or not?

Rob

im runnig a streched front drive shaft 8 inch RK cost about 75 bucks at the local drive line shop and about 1 day turn

they just cut the tube out and replaced it with a longer one even stuck an extended slip on it and balanced it for a mid slip length of 38 inches if i remember correctly

Back