• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Stiffners?

algeroth79

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys
I bought these a while back and we are going to install them soon
I read the instructions and well just want to make sure. Anybody that boxed their rails. Stich weld 1" at a time. Has anyone tought of using metal epoxy between the stiffner and the body to keep moisture.
Any useful advice would be appreciated

thanks in advance

I just boxed mine, 3/16 plate on the outside and the bottom, I just painted the metal and plug welded/stitch welded it then sealed it with tub and tile caulk and then sprayed it with undercoat. Not sure if that was the best way but if not someone on here will speak up.

I'd say as long as you prevent water from entering between the 2 metals you should be fine.

I am getting mine welded up next weekend and am intrested too. I plan to grind all the factory undercoating off, but not sure what to seal them with after they are welded up.

EDIT: I may just spray paint over it and in a mont hor two get it all bedlined.

ponyracer1 said:
I just boxed mine, 3/16 plate on the outside and the bottom, I just painted the metal and plug welded/stitch welded it then sealed it with tub and tile caulk and then sprayed it with undercoat. Not sure if that was the best way but if not someone on here will speak up.

I'd say as long as you prevent water from entering between the 2 metals you should be fine.

when i plate my frame that's exactly what my plan is

When I did mine I used a plasma cutter and flat 3/16 plate. punched a BUNCH of holes in it and welded the crap out of it. If I ever do it again, I'll use 4X6 3/16 angle and cut off what you don't need. Mine looks nice but it was a TON of extra welding because you have an extra joint to weld since I used 2 pieces per side instead of one.

Back