• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie HD Tie Rods

Garthbmn7

NAXJA Member #524
Anyone know what application the Currie HD Tie Rods came off? I upgraded mine and then broke down. Currie can't get the new one to me until early next week. Figure it probably came off some old chevy or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

Actually they are custom made. I don't beleive you can replace it with any particular application. You will need to wait for Currie.

mark
orgs mfg

Thanks

Thanks Mark. Was hoping I could just get a cheap backup that would work for now and in emergencies in the future. Contacted Currie adn they said the stock may fit but my stock was broken hence the upgrade.
Patience is not one of my better virtues!!

And the TRE's are custom?

DANG! I was considering replacing mine with that one, but I'm not sure I go with one where NAPA (in "where-ever I'm stranded") couldn't get them in a day or two...

bburge

Doesnt currie make it with JJs and 1" chromo?
or if you ask for ball joint Im sure they are 3/4 Chevy. Just a guess.

I think that the Tie Rod Ends are a replacement part that can be found anywhere. I tie rod is a custom piece not the ends. That would be crazy for Currie to make it that way, Moog or Napa. I would call Currie to get the part number for the ends that they use. I'm sure there not custom. But just a thought. Juice

Currie TREs stock or custom ??

Monday I will be contacting Currie to find out if the TREs are stock or custom since I would like to carry at least one spare for the trail.

i am almost certain the currie tre's are 1 ton tres with a smaller thredded portion coming out .. they are done this way so the knuckles do not have to be reamed. they look like chevy tres ::shrug ::

I was under the impression that they are a custom part. At the least the pitman arm TRE has a custom bend in it to compensate for the increased drag link angle on lifted jeeps. If you find an different source please post it. It would be nice to have an altrenate source for spares. Currie is damned proud of em $$.

Back