• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LT1 Swap

uwphoto48

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for info on installing a 1995 LT1 in a 1989 XJ. (I already have the engine, AA mounts and AA bell housing kit and Howell wiring). Maybe some pointers and ideas from those of you that may have experiance with this install. Street legal and all smog with AX15. I am presently running the XJ with the 4.0, AX15(new)and np231, 7" lift, 32x1150x15, air locker in rear, detroit locker in front, warn hubs and axles, disc brakes all around. No heavy, crazy climbing or the like, unibodys don't last long in that arena. Just need the highway and sand torque to get to the great photo ops. I tow a Replica Jeep trailer(4x4 trailers) with a 2500lb cap. with brakes.

Thanks

Ken

Ken

Actually I was hoping for some insight into the physical installation issues that some of you have encountered as opposed to what may happen if I exceed the design specs of the drive train after completion.

Thank you
Ken

Back