• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockkrawler 8.0" long arm kit

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
ive been looking to purchase a 8" long arm kit for my new cherokee but im not sure what to go with ive got it narrowed down to either the rockkrawler kit or the clayton kit. which is the "better" kit? does anybody have these on their xj? if so what do u think of them and what kind of problems did you run into with the kit? any opinions would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

tealcherokee said:
claytons is a better kit, but I'm a radius arm hater

i read an old thread on lifts and it seems the big names are tnt and rockkrawler. full traction was also mentioned but the opinions on it werent so great. but i didnt see anything mentioned on the clayton kit? but now im wondering about the tnt kit? how does it compare to the clayton and such.
has anyone owned both of these kits or used both of them to give a real opinion instead of everybody talking up their lifts when thatts all they've ever owned.
any good opinions will be greatly appreciated

i have the TnT kit and love it, but i also don't think you could go wrong with Clayton kit, they are both very well built.

Go with Clayton for a solid kit!!
No rockkrawler, their customer service is stupid!!!
Full traction wont sell upgrades.
Havnt heard enough on tnt to say.
I have a 5.5 RE XD long arm kit and couldnt be happier. Their cust serv is excellent-(since i live 2 miles from their main werehouse) and havnt had any probs with my kit. Mine drives so smooth and when i take it off road, those 4.56's help me out a bunch!

Claytons has a limited lifetime warranty on thier stuff. Can't beat that. Very strong. The TnT is great also. Awesome ground clearence, beefy as well, but a little harder to install than the Claytons. Ive seen both of them in action, and would be hard pressed to say anything negative about either one. RE is good, I hear Rustys isn't good, FT, RK, don't know about them.

12GaugeXJ said:
Claytons has a limited lifetime warranty on thier stuff. Can't beat that. Very strong. The TnT is great also. Awesome ground clearence, beefy as well, but a little harder to install than the Claytons. Ive seen both of them in action, and would be hard pressed to say anything negative about either one. RE is good, I hear Rustys isn't good, FT, RK, don't know about them.

how limmited is this lifetime?

Jes said:
Wow, you must be the only one.

It really helps when you can drive a few miles and talk to them in person rather than have someone jerk you around over the phone. They seem to have a nice group over at RE.

Troy

Big Red said:
It really helps when you can drive a few miles and talk to them in person rather than have someone jerk you around over the phone. They seem to have a nice group over at RE.

Troy

I beg to differ.
I've had nothing but shitty CS from them when I stop by there.

i have the la kit from rk , the leafs s bend very easy , i think u need some sort of traction bar , and the rear aluminum blocks with self tapping screws for locating pins just dont seem to be very robust.

Limited lifetime. That means lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. You bend or break an arm, which I have never seen one, they replace it no questions asked.

JEEPTUBE said:
Go with Clayton for a solid kit!!
No rockkrawler, their customer service is stupid!!!
Full traction wont sell upgrades.
Havnt heard enough on tnt to say.
I have a 5.5 RE XD long arm kit and couldnt be happier. Their cust serv is excellent-(since i live 2 miles from their main werehouse) and havnt had any probs with my kit. Mine drives so smooth and when i take it off road, those 4.56's help me out a bunch!

I'm curious to why you think that RK's customer service is stupid. I've never once heard of anyone complain about RK's customer service EVER!! Have you ever owned a RK component before....?

Now I must say I'm not a big fan of the 8" RK or pretty much any 8" suspension kit. I think its a lot of lift when its really not needed. Now if you wanted to talk about the RK 6.5 kit compared to the others hands down RK.

They offer a lifetime warranty on all of their components. It's a 3-link design which is far better than a radius design. (do some research its plastered all over this board). I also like the way that rk's lower arms are placed. Everyone thats never run the kit before says they hang down to low. But like i always say, i would rather use my lca's as a slider instead of my driveshaft. I proved that point running pick your poison at paragon a couple weeks ago.

But thats my opinion, though if you want to stray away from the 3-link design, i would go full traction. I've gotten to see a few of these kits in person and on a trail and I was very impressed. If RK wasn't around, thats the kit i would be running.

Matt

Matt98XJ said:
Limited lifetime. That means lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. You bend or break an arm, which I have never seen one, they replace it no questions asked.

not totally related, but I am actually the only one thats ever broke their xfactor steering..................or let me clarify bent the tie-rod
but since I work for a RK dealer I was able to replace it alot easier
theirs no way your going to break one of their arms, thats why they'll say lifetime warranty

Back