• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8" modifications

small pederson

NAXJA Forum User
alright im running 6" with 1.75" spacers. i need to lengthen the upper arms from 6" to around 8". what should the measurement be between the two bolt holes?

also i need to know where to find a drop pitman arm for an 8". my friend tells me that a 4" dpa will work. any comments?

Can not help you out with the control arms, but I would not recommend a DPA on a jeep. it just adds additional stress to the frame mount . At that height you really need a over the knuckle steering set up and obviously keep the trackbar and draglink parallel.

Michael

Assuming your front axle is stock, there is no "out of the box" answer to your question. You'll have to find a happy medium between caster and pinion angle. Caster is the knuckle's relation to the axle tube and pinion angle is the center section's relation to the axle tube. On any already built axle the caster is preset and by rotating the pinion upward to account for extra lift you're also increasing your caster. No easy answer, you've just gotta adjust them to where it looks good, drive it and adjust again.

Back