• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford A/C Problems

Karlm

NAXJA Forum User
I'm hoping that one of you tech gurus out there can help me with this. Thew A/C on my parents Ford Contour just hit the crapper. The A/c has shut off intermitantly while driving, and now it will only work in the highest position, where it blows ice cubes, so it looks like the compressor is ok. The fan again, only works in the highest position, but it does work, so I'm leaning more toward the selector switch. I'm really not jonesin' to go tearing into this car, but if I have to, what should I be looking for? I'm trying to ge ahold of some basic electrical info right now. My dad couldn't even find the fuse panel on this thing whe I asked him, so I'm starting out blind here. I would appreciate any help, but I'm really leaning towards having him haul it into the shop if there isnt an easy fix.

If the blower is working only on the high position it is the blower resistor not the switch most likely.

Hey, guys, thanks a lot, it was the blower resistor. My old man got one from the dealer for 12 bucks and slapped it in and everything is working great. He was definatly impressed with how quick the people around this board narrowed down the problem. He was also really excited to save a bunch of money on fixing his car. So, thanks again for the help.

Back