• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a steering upgrade

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
I am getting tired of my stock steering. It feels too loose, and I think the geometry is out of what to where I have a hard time getting my discos off. I was looking at:

http://www.bulletproofsteering.com/steeringsystems.html

But I am up for any suggestions here. Its a DD as well as my weekend trail rig. I want to keep my D30 based on I am maxing myself at 34" tires until I graduate (3 years). I know they dont make hi steer for the 30 which is fine, I would just like a better set up. At a decent price. Everything else is in my sig. Thanks

i run the BPS setup and it works great. i'm at 7.5 " and i DID have to relocate the TB mount on the axle side. i used the JKS OAB and it lines up perfect. i hve absolutely no bumpsteer and my bars are nearly parallel. (i also don't have a stabilizer installed, and its a DD)

i would highly reccomend the BPS setup. make sure you buy the stg 2 heims. they are much more stout than the normal joints, plus they have a lifetime warranty on them against breakage and defects. BPS guarantees their stg 2 joints even against breakage from normal wear and tear.

Sounds good, I am at 6"-6.5" so maybe I wont have to relocate the TB. So the whole thing is bolt on. I have no weld skills or machining skills.

xjrrrdx said:
Sounds good, I am at 6"-6.5" so maybe I wont have to relocate the TB. So the whole thing is bolt on. I have no weld skills or machining skills.

no, at 6" you will still have to relocate the TB. other than that the BPS setup is easy to install, and makes doing alignments yourself a 5 minute job. if you don't know how to weld or don't know anyone that can weld for you, i'd look into the currie setup, or go with a ZJ setup.

check out 91 jeeps link, theres some good info there1!

Yeah I looked at 91s thread last night and thats where I got the BPS link from. I have someone that can weld so that is no real biggie. Only downside to that is, I have to drive to his place about 20mins away so drivign back would be a chore unless i dont need to remove the TB. Either way it will be a breeze.

xjrrrdx said:
Yeah I looked at 91s thread last night and thats where I got the BPS link from. I have someone that can weld so that is no real biggie. Only downside to that is, I have to drive to his place about 20mins away so drivign back would be a chore unless i dont need to remove the TB. Either way it will be a breeze.

oh i almost forgot, i also had to shorten the TB by 3-4 inches.

Go over the axle AND upgrade the brakes with the WJ conversion. It isn't that tough and makes a ton of difference as the geometry gets back to stock (or better), gives you over the knuckle and great braking.

Honestly using the RHD draglink and JKS OAB worked great on my 30.
I am looking at the BPS OTK setup for my 44 now though due to the waggy pitman arm and TR binding issues.
Just one thing less to worry about when you finaly install a 44.

Back