• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat covers

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to get a seat cover for my driver's seat in my 99XJ.
The ones I find in wallmart are a joke, I tried , they won't stay put.
They slide all over the seat.
Is there a brand that works well?
I normally do everything in my Jeeps but never tried reupholstering a seat.
How big a deal is it? Can it be done by a guy with no idea as far as reupholstery goes? Tools?

Thanks for the info, right now things are a bit tight, I am not prepared to pay that much.
I'll have to figure out another solution.

Boneyard, just replace the seat with a newer one...you might find one that was rolled and totaled with no blood stains :D :D :D

I bought the X-Bound seat covers from Wal-mart. They've been on for over a year and haven't moved. The Wet Okoles are a better choice if you have the $$. I didn't.

smccollamjr said:
I bought the X-Bound seat covers from Wal-mart. They've been on for over a year and haven't moved. The Wet Okoles are a better choice if you have the $$. I didn't.

I didn't see that brand last time I was there, I'll look again.
Just for reference, do you remember how much you paid?

I have the same one on my drivers seat. It cost me about $20.
It has lots of adjustment options to keep it from moving (too much). I have been happy with mine and wanted to buy one for the passenger seat, but unfortunately I haven't seen them for a while. (Maybe WalMart stopped carrying them?).

i saw them at checker

I replaced my '98 XJ seats with '03 WJ full leather seats for $200, delivered. This was way less than the cost of XJ seat covers alone, plus I wound up with much "plusher" sets. They were a direct bolt in, by using the existing XJ seat bases and mounting the WJ seats to them.

Something you may wish to consider.....

RichP said:
Wetokole...
http://www.wetokole.com/
got them in the TJ's...
In a TJ, these seat are great. In a closed vehicle, they suck and make your vehicle smell like barf. I had 'em in my Toyota T100 and by the time the new factory smell disipated (the puke smell), they started to stink like old socks.

Like I said, in a vehicle exposed to the elements they are great. In a closed vehicle, they're nothing but fart catchers.

My opinion, YMMV

Ivan said:
I replaced my '98 XJ seats with '03 WJ full leather seats for $200, delivered. This was way less than the cost of XJ seat covers alone, plus I wound up with much "plusher" sets. They were a direct bolt in, by using the existing XJ seat bases and mounting the WJ seats to them.

Something you may wish to consider.....

Where did you get 'em for that price? Local (Roseville, CA) yard wanted $200 for a pair of cloth front seats.

Nevada City Sparky said:
Where did you get 'em for that price? Local (Roseville, CA) yard wanted $200 for a pair of cloth front seats.

I got the seats on Ebay for $100 for both fronts, and $95 for shipping. I didn't get the rear seats.

The reason I think they were cheaper was because even though the WJ seat bases were fully powered (foward/back, up/down); the reclining function was manual, like the lever on our XJ seats. Seems most people want all the power functions with the WJ seats, so the "not fully powered" ones are less desirable...and cheaper.

This was fine with me since I didn't really want to mess with powering the recline mode, and the recline lever works just fine. Look around for the "Laredo" package on WJ leather seats as they seem not have the power recline feature....

Back