• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What type of tires?

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ive been looken around at tires and im not for sure what tire would be the best for my application. I have 2" RE BB on my 93 sport, and i am looken at getting some 31's. I will be doing some light wheeling hear and there. I also have some 235 Goodyear Wranglers Radials that have 90% tread that i will use most of the time on the streets. What tire do you guys think would work best?

Well before I read that you have street tire, I was going to suggest BFG A/Ts, but since you do have street tires all I can do is help you out by giving a very bad experience with some tires, don't guy General Grabber M/Ts, me and a buddy of mine did because we got 35's for $75 a piece, a deal we couldn't pass up and we knew they weren't going ot be great tires at that price but no matter how much we balanced them and did alignments they wore strange and vibrated the jeeps at low speeds, my brother has BFG M/Ts and loves them, maybe to help future people do you want tires you can still use on the street or will these be strickly offroad tires? what width would you want to go with? and are you going to be in more mud or rocks?

what ever i get it will be a 31/1050/15. ive looked at the BFG M/T's and i have a friend that has them and he so far likes them. i will most likely be doing a little of both rocks and mud.

if you have the street tires and wheels I'd go with a Super Swamper LTB. Not very street friendly and will wear fast on the road but will be much better then an AT tire on the trails and better then BFG MT's IMO.

TrXus M/T.

I'm running them in the 31x10.5 flavor on my 90 XJ with a 2" lift, and they have been absolutely perfect for me. They are great on the street (siped for snow, not super-noisy, et c.), and awesome off-road. I don't know what the wheeling is like in Kansas, but for off-roading in my neck of the woods (rocks, mud, tight forest trails, et c), the TrXus M/T is really an great tire.

Another vote for TrXus. JIM.

where did u guys get the TrXus? how much do the run $$. if u dont mind me asken.

I get mine through a small town car dealer. 31's were $115 a couple of years ago. 33's were $135. I know 4wheelparts has them may be alittle cheaper. JIM.

I ran Pro-Comps M/T great tire sometimes a little cheaper than BFG's but still the same performance. I now have the Super Swamper TRXUS MT it's an awsome tire. Performs well in snow mud and street and look bad a$$.

Back