• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar: TRE to Heim

DubaiXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So my second Moog Trackbar TRE in a year is on it's deathbed so before the eye-jelly wobble starts...
My TB is still in good condition (and shipping a new one out here is too much coin at the moment) so I want to replace the TRE with a heim. Question is: Do I just find a grade 5 bolt of the right diameter and drill out the taper on the TB mount or should I be looking for a tapered pin?

Any suggestions as to brand and/or part number would be most welcome. 3/4" 16 thread. The front of my junk is at 5".

Also, since the TB is exactly 1" in diameter, you can take some 1.25"x .125" DOM, sleeve the last part of the TB with it, weld in a 3/4" tube adaptor to the DOM, and then screw your heim in.

make sense?

DubaiXJ said:
So my second Moog Trackbar TRE in a year is on it's deathbed so before the eye-jelly wobble starts...
My TB is still in good condition (and shipping a new one out here is too much coin at the moment) so I want to replace the TRE with a heim. Question is: Do I just find a grade 5 bolt of the right diameter and drill out the taper on the TB mount or should I be looking for a tapered pin?

Any suggestions as to brand and/or part number would be most welcome. 3/4" 16 thread. The front of my junk is at 5".
I wouldn't run the TRE in single shear like that. Some people do, I wouldn't, especially if you don't get a very precise hole.

Just take 2 pieces of 1/4" plate, drill 3/4" holes in them (or 5/8" for a 3/4x5/8 heim) and weld them to the underside of the mount with the bolt pointing at the back of the Jeep.

Back