• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers wont work

CrazyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
can't get wipers to work on 93 wiper motor is fine no power to it. just picked up this jeep as a second dailt driver I have no manual and don't know the fuse box list. can anyone tell me which fuse it is and is there a relay. I checked all the fuses in the box but there is some empty slots. please help.

This is for an earlier XJ (Renix) but is similiar to the later ones. There is a circuit breaker (in the fuse block) that gets kicked on occasion and falls out or breaks.
14vp8xk.gif

if it has intermittent wipers then look under the dash by your left knee for a box with two wiring harnesses plugged into it. THe two wire harnesses will plug directly into eachother. if it works afterwords you need a new intermittent module. T

Thanks Nathan and 8mud!

you guys just saved me!

I wasn't involved in this thread at all until today but I also wanted to say thanks. I have an '89 that the wiper switch had been wired around by a previous owner. Battery to a fuse to a toggle switch to the wiper motor. After I put everything back to stock there was no voltage to it, until I saw 8Mud's fuse block drawing and pulled the 5.5 amp breaker out (which is 4.8 amp on mine). Sure enough it was open. It sure is nice having delay wipers and more than one speed again.

Thanks again,
Mike

Back