• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

four link conversion

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well after taking my XJ back down to 35s I decided I wasn't happy with the performance of the rear suspention. Then while I was down at D and C Extreme's shop I seen their Scout rear coil kit getting ready to ship. woo hoo that looks like it could easily be adapted to an XJ. So I talked to Damian and we decided to try it . If things work out this will be avalible thru him as a Fairly idiot proof weld on kit with everything but the coils. The arms are about 35"s long and the frame brackets are 31"s and really beef an area that was getting real hammered by rocks. here is a pic of the arms and the frame bracket.Note the notched area is to go around my rock rail mount that were already welded in.

--------------------
Short Bus
aen.sized.jpg

Sure, it's some tubing & a few heims..........um that'd work with about any rig. Just watch your back around those Scout guys. hehe.

Should have new pics tonight, forgot my camera last night. Had every thing mounted up minus the springs and shocks last night. pinion angle stay nice and pointed at the diff thru the whole range of motion.
Led

The lack of any rubber to isolate noise and vibration says trail-only. Is that your plan?

Nope I plan on driving it to Moab in October!!
Led

Hey Led,
Just looked at this setup on CO4x4 on the Scout. Looks sweeeeet!
What axles have you gone with or have you stuck with the big stuff you had?
When you had 35s on before, you had RE drop brackets. Are you still running those, or did you fab up long or mid arms?
Sorry for being so nosy, just haven't seen your junk in a while and hope to see you in Moab.
Thanks,
Crunch

ps- I know you are not his baby-sitter, but what's Furlong been up to?

He's around just workin way to much

Would that be a 4 link or a trianglated 3 link?

Well I have to say that I like it. Besides the rubber inserts mentioned eariler, why not for a DD? Would there be track alingment issues from this?

KarmirXJ said:
yes that does not look like a 4 link, its a triangulated 3 link.
[/QUOTE
How is this not a 4 link??? Why do you say it will not work on the road?
Led

Beezil said:
are your shocks still long enough?

if not, have any plans?
Right now the shocks apear too long for compresion and not long enough for droop.that one of the thing gonna work on tonight.
Led

Can you give us a good side shot of it that is well lit up? I believe there is a person or 2 on here that would like to see how it looks. Also, where are the coils going to be mounted?

Sean

OneTonXJ said:
Can you give us a good side shot of it that is well lit up? I believe there is a person or 2 on here that would like to see how it looks. Also, where are the coils going to be mounted?

Sean

Yup, I'm watching with interest. Would like to see the angles and how the springs will mount.
BTW, isn't it really a 4 link? To be a three link wouldn't the uppers actually have to come together as one before attaching to the axle? As it is, the uppers are two seperate links.

so you have enough shock travel at least.....that's good!

I'm following closely behind you, and I'm assuming my shocks might not work out.....

was tryin to get ideas...

one-fugg, how bout you? are shocks going to be an issue for you?

The only issue I'm having with shocks is finding someone who can get them in time. I'm going with 14" travel bilstiens. Was wanting 5100's, but it looks like I've got to step up to 7100's.

Back