• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89/93 XJ Stalling out?

jfiscus

NAXJA Forum User
I've recently been having some issues & they have me baffled; hopefully someone here can help me sort them out.

Sometimes when I decelerate slowly or sit at an idle my Jeep will die, Not all the time, I've just been keeping the RPMs up manually by driving with both feet when needed.

I went on vacation for a week & let the Jeep sit in the driveway. When I returned I took it for a drive & it started stalling out around corners/turns, no matter if I was pressing the gas or not. I had had this happen in the past & it was just the fuel low (my gas guage isnt all that accurate), so I filled it alll the way up (12 more gals) & the problem still kept happening around curves. Mostly right turns. Can anyone tell me why this happens? It always starts right back up after this happens, and did not do this before I left on vacation.

My XJ runs a little rich all the time, not enough to smell bad, but it helps with stock gears & 33 tires. I have a 93 HO engine in an 89 renix system, and it's been working fine since July. It doesn't give any warning lights when it dies; but I dont think 89s had problem lights.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge then i would check that. yet I was having issues like htis not to long back and turned out to be the CPS.

Is it idling real low too?

Back