• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys lift package

NewOld96xj

NAXJA Forum User
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Was looking to do a 3-4 in lift and buy a used set of moabs and mtrs for my xj but finding a set of moabs and with shiping im not saving much since im gonna run almost 1000 US give or take it seems

I started looking on the rusty's site and saw the kits with rims and tires and it seems like another good option

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=405SPC&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

looking at the 4.5 with the 31 dick cepak mcII tires.

What do you guys think? Anyone order somethign this large from rustys before? No emails contact so before i call longdistance wondering what the shipping might run. The lift kit looks complete and i like the rims it comes with. Cant find much info on MC II tires though anyone have any input on those?

Thanks
Vic
[/FONT]

I have mostly all Rusty's, I wouldn't recommend his rear leafs go with "big off-road" or "Rubicon Express", and be sure and get the heavy (3/4") track bar and mount, you won't regret it. His lift run a little tall. I have the 4.5 and got about 5.5"s of lift - also get upper control arms. Talk to Rusty.

Whats wrong with his leafS? Why do you reccomend upper control arms? Im new to this so im gonna ask a bunch of questions :p

Sorry

Thanks

Last edited:
i have the 4.5 kit and i think its great. the rear leaves did shift a little after a few thousand but not enough to make me worry

they also netted me at about 5" after sag so im very happy

get new uppers to set your caster/camber right thats the pitch of your front end

I have the 4.5 Rusty's lift also and i netted 5.5 inches of lift.I have about 8k miles on it now and no sag...I also have his long arm set up and really like it..

Back