• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake issues

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I went to instal my new extended front brake lines today and the screw from the brake line that comes out of the resivoir and connects to the caliper is stripped out and pretty round any ideas how to get this off? That sounded a little confusing if it didn't make any sense its where the two brake lines on the front connect right near the shocks.

I had this problem a few years ago while installing extended brake lines. I sprayed the connection several times with PB Blaster and let it soak a few hours. Then I heated the housing around where it screws in a little bit. Not red or even glowing. Just a little heat. Then since mine were rusted and deteriorated I used a small vicegrips and they came off pretty good. I would replace that section after that because your connector end will probaby be in pretty poor shape.

I just use large Vise Grips and give them a hit with a rubber mallet.

hey 92yj1ton how do you replace the screw peice once it comes loose and is all knared up because mine has a flange on the bottom of the line that holds the screw peice on?

Back