• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakelines w/ Longarms

BlueXJ1013

NAXJA Forum User
What kind/length etc. brakelines are everyone running with their longarm setup?? I have 5.5" lift and RK longarms with the 22" RE stainless lines and they are currently my limiting straps... any ideas?

Get longer brake lines, get some actual limiting straps, or get shorter shocks and make them your limiting straps. :D

Edit: I had the same 22" RE brake lines and never had a problem. I used limiting straps though. You can usually straighten out the hard line a little to gain some added length.

Full droop:
IMG_6802.jpg

Last edited:
Are those the 22" lines in that picture? I just ordered the same shocks, where did you get your limiting straps from, and how long are they? Thanks.

fatwreck said:
Get longer brake lines, get some actual limiting straps, or get shorter shocks and make them your limiting straps. :D

Edit: I had the same 22" RE brake lines and never had a problem. I used limiting straps though. You can usually straighten out the hard line a little to gain some added length.

Full droop:
IMG_6802.jpg

completely off the topic, is that a tnt customs kit? and what size springs were they?

Yes, those are TNT customs long arms with 5.5" RE springs. I had a dana44 front though....with a custom bracket kit on it. So, my springs/shocks were slightly different than someone with a stock dana30.

BlueXJ1013 said:
What kind/length etc. brakelines are everyone running with their longarm setup?? I have 5.5" lift and RK longarms with the 22" RE stainless lines and they are currently my limiting straps... any ideas?
If you haven't already done it, then straighten out the hardlines.
The front hoses from the ProComp YJ brakeline kit are 24" long and made by Earl's.

Do i need a brakeline bender tool to straighten the hardline or can i just do it with some pliers? Also should i bolt it down to the unibody or leave it dangling?

You can bend it by hand. And if it were me, I would bolt it to the unibody again, but I have seen people who haven't and it worked out ok.

Back