• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS screw is stripped

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
my tps went bad so replaced it with one form advance, its like GP Sorenson? or sumthin like that. any way, changing it was easy but i tried to clean my throttle body, and i wanted to take everything off of it but i stripped the torx bolts holding it to the TB. the new kit came with screws and they had loc tite on them it looked like. well it worked. and now i cant take my TB off. im thinking about cutting it off with a dremel, straight up because i have a 1year warranty on the TPS and its been under a year so ill just do that but thats my last option. any suggestions?

I wrestled with those (2 bolts?) a few months back I think. I ended up removing the TB and then working on it on a bench. I think I just used vise grips. No...I tried that route and ended up stripping them bad so then I just took a punch to it and trashed it b/c I had a replacement. They were really on there.

Back