• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherry bomb

herreraxto said:
What do yu think about this muffler its cheap and allows more flow, a rock charged the fee at the trail on the muffler
It is not legal to use in a National Forest, or any area which requires a "Spark Arresting" type muffler.

Other than that, The curved inlet/outlet let it slide over things and the casing is bullet-proof.

No, The cherry bomb is not significantly lounder than stock and it is a reasonably deap tone. They hold up VERY well to rocks.

Michael

I have one on both of my jeeps. On my 2.5 without a cat. it is pretty loud but on my 4.0 with a cat. it is just about comparable with a stock muffler.

Kim.

2xtreme said:
No, The cherry bomb is not significantly lounder than stock and it is a reasonably deap tone. They hold up VERY well to rocks.

Michael

Thanks, I don’t want to drive around and setting off the car alarms, I am going to try it there’s nothing to loose and it’s cheap

try driving with no muffler for a while and the cherry bomb will be a releif

haha...nice brett, I have one and I got a longer one and mine is actually louder at idle than my old flow and alittle more quiet when I get on it, I went behind the counter and found the longest one I could...lol

BrettM said:
my cherry bomb is loud. I used to run with just a cat and it's 90% as loud as that. I did get the smallest one I could find though, just went behind the counter in Autozone and found the smallest cherry bomb box.

Zuki-Ron said:
It is not legal to use in a National Forest, or any area which requires a "Spark Arresting" type muffler.

depends what kind of cherry bomb he is talking about. they acyually make mufflers, too.....and they are pretty small....that's why I went with one. I'm pretty happy with it.

DSC08980.JPG

DSC08993.JPG

I just installed yesterday and the sound its deep and no too loud on idling you barely con hear it from inside the cabin it’s pretty good for the price of 17.99 and the part # is 16804 for 2 ¼

I read some where that there is no difference in power or performance if you go 1/4 more and the 4.0 eat more gas and the gas prices are not helping

If noise is an issue, a cherry bomb WILL get louder as it ages....the fiberglass packing that is between the shell and the straight through perforated core will eventually blow out.....man, them things have been around for AGES...I had hair and all my teeth when I got my first one...and they ARE all but indestructable.

MudDawg said:
If noise is an issue, a cherry bomb WILL get louder as it ages....the fiberglass packing that is between the shell and the straight through perforated core will eventually blow out.....man, them things have been around for AGES...I had hair and all my teeth when I got my first one...and they ARE all but indestructable.

you are talking about the glasspack
LVA034L.jpg

and the one i have is the turbo muffler

Last edited:
herreraxto said:
I just installed yesterday and the sound its deep and no too loud on idling you barely con hear it from inside the cabin it’s pretty good for the price of 17.99 and the part # is 16804 for 2 ¼
Where did you get one for that price??

Back