• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Electrical Nightmare

Phager

NAXJA Forum User
So this afternoon I was trying to figure out why I was having this intermittent problem with my stereo cutting out for no reason. I pulled out gauge bezel and the lower portion of the dash, and here's what I found:
2356573_5_full.jpg

The PO had installed a remote lock sytem in the truck, and I'm assuming that's what the black box in the second pic is. However, I found silver box located in front of the vacuum thing for the climate control, and I'm trying to figure out what it is, and if it's factory, or something else the complete reject installed. If it is factory, any ideas on what it's for? Here's a better pic:
2356573_6_full.jpg

I will say that the blower motor doesn't work, and this may be related. I also don't have my vacuum canister from what I can tell, but that's a whole other thread (And junkyard trip) entirely.

Thanks for the help
Pat.

Last edited:
I would swear that someone posted a picture of the exact same silver thing in the past week or two. I did a quick search for it, but was unable to find the thread, and I don't remember what the answer was.

Well, at least that tells me it's probably factory. I ought to be able to figure it out when I pick up a manual. Mainly, I wanted to share the spaghetti that I found when I took apart my dash. What was even better was the two ground wire I found jammed into screw holes! Hmmm, That just might be the reason behind my intermittent problem! I tell you, some people just shouldn't be allowed to reproduce!

Pat

Back