• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

50 series

i have a regular flowmaster 50 series (not delta flow). I like it, its definately louder than stock at idle and sounds very agressive at 3/4 - full throttle.

My set up:

I have a borla header, k&n filter in the stock air box, new universal catco cat from summit, and i got the flowmaster 50 series and 2 1/2" pipes from rusty about 3 years ago.

Good results, i like it its a little loud on the freeway but i like it, if you are into that sound its a good healthy sounding rumble not junky sounding like a blow out muffler like some set ups with the wron g flowmaster. Also i keep seeing guys recomend 40 series. i do not purport to be a muffler expert but if you call flowmaster tech dept you will fine out for a stock / almost stock 4.0 (non stroker) you will find out the 50 series is the recomended muffler.

Also the 50 delta flow i have not heard in person it was not out when i got my orginal 50 series .... but flowmaster advertises it as canceling in cabin reverb and tones and still has aggressive sound for the street, its more or less using noise cancelling to lessen in cabin sound.

love my 40 series, you probably heard it when i pulled up in the parking lot the other day. i'm running a magnaflow cat and the 40 together and it runs really well and i cant hear it at highway speeds. and besides that the dang mufflers are built like skidplates and i am not worried at all about it ever catching the ground. and i'm not gonna lie, its also got a damn good growl at startup and idle, but i like that kind of stuff :D

When I first got my jeep i cut the cat off and put a 40 series flowmaster
on, i was use to working on fullsize trucks, VERY different sound than i
expected, I put the cat back on and sounds great now.

If you want to keep dirt out of your engine, stay away from the K&N. K&N filters were originally designed for racing engines where air flow is more important than engine life. I used one until I started noticing the dust accumulating in the top part of my filter box. Paper filters don't flow as much air but they do a better job of filtering dust and dirt.

Back