• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper delay

Slo-Sho

NAXJA Forum User
So I was at the yard today and spotted a 96 xj. I nabbed what appears to be the rear wiper delay relay from its hatch. My 90 Renix doesn't have a rear wiper delay, just continuous mode. Anyways I was wondering if someone knew the wiring that goes into it. The pins/colors are as follows;

1.Black
2.Violet
3.Grey
4.Brown
5.Green

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to put power to a wire that shouldn't be getting it.:jester:

Unless they changed the motor between 95 and 96 (which I doubt), the delay is built into the motor. I'm not sure what you have there. The 95 motor has a 4-pin connection, with black for ground, black/yellow for pump motor control, brown/red for run, and white for power from the ignition for park. My 95 FSM doesn't show any additional little boxes in the hatch. I wonder if someone added a variable delay unit to the thing.

Hello and thanx for the reply, the 4 pin connection you are referring to goes into the delay relay adjacent to the wiper motor mounting bracket. My 90 renix has a standard bosch type relay. I took the cover off the delay relay (Valeo #73809802) and found an IC board with 3 capacitors, a coil, and a vassad of resistors and diodes. I highly doubt the delay is built-in to the motor. Oh well, I'll just have to break out my trusty DMM. Whatever findings I discover will be reported back here, hopefully good ones.

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Back