• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case won't engage

Greg R

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I know this has been answered, but for the life of me I cannot find the thread I was looking for while searching.

After putting a t-case drop in my 99, AX15/231 I cannot find 4Hi/N/4Lo in the t-case. If I put the shifter in the correct position and let out the clutch, horrible grinding noises ensue. I know this is because of the t-case drop, but as of right now a SYE is not in the budget. Can I adjust the linkage to rectify the problem, or do I have to go with the Novak kit to remount the shift mechanism?

Again, if anyone can find the thread in question I'd be very greatful, otherwise I'd take any info available.

Greg

Someone correct me if I am wrong but, you should disconnect the linkage, put the t-case into 4low then put the shifter into 4 low and adjust the linkage accordingly. thats where I would start.

Back