• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

specific question about further lift?!

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i no this has been covered before, ive been reading for a while, but i still havent found the answer for THIS question.

i have a 94 4dr manual trans. i have a rustys 4.5 inch lift now it came with the extended brake lines and lowercontrol arms. i have 2 in poly spacers (1.5 really since i will be removing the isolator) and 1.75 inch shackles and i was going to install them this summer. i also have shims for the rear to help the pinion angle. there arent any vibes now, and the tires sit pretty decently in the wheel wells. i measured and its actually at around 4.75" front and rear. i was wondering if i install this would i be ok with the stock uppers and no sye untill i can get someone to install an sye?? i wont be doing any hardcore offroadin just some trail ridin and some hill climbin mud hole etc.

which should i look into first. its between the upper ca's or the porc sye.

now like i said light to moderate offroading until i can buy and find someone to install the sye.
how bad would the vibes be if there are none now, would it even be drivable?
also how much rub would there be even though its sitting pretty centered now?

thanks guys
travis

each xj is difernt and some vibe and others dont. you never know what youll have till you do it and find out. I went 4 inches with zero vibe in my 93.

try it and find out is my sugestion

well i was planning on doing it i just wanted to no of any one with this experience. i WILL be installing the sye but i didnt no about the uppers yet i dont no if ill need em and i think my lowers will be good for the extra 4.5 right they are rustys 4.5 arms.

this is not like the other question i just wanted to know if i should look into getting the upper control arms first or the sye. the uppers i could install, the sye, no dice. so its a matter of what would be better, and if my 4.5" lowers would work for that amount

thanks

I'm sitting at about 6.25" front and almost 7" rear with no SYE. I have Rustys 4.5" coils and 1.5" spacer in front. I need UCAs though to get the pinion right, I have vibes from my front DS now, but only at highway speed. In back I'm using bastard packs and shackles. It took some shimming and a T-case drop, but I have no vibes in back.
However, as stated in a previous post, all XJs are different when it comes to this. The earlier models are less likely to need a SYE, they changed the T-case output in mid 95 IIRC.
If you do it, I'd be prepared to replace UCAs and add a SYE, just in case.
Oh, and SYEs aren't hard to install, you don't even need to pull the t-case from the Jeep.

Back