• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Brake MAster Cylinder to go with????

WNT1

NAXJA Forum User
I have replaced both my 96 XJ stock axles w/ 79 Ford F250 Axles. D44 Front and D60 Rear. Both axles have disc brakes. I am looking for a brake master cylinder that will bolt directly to my XJ and supply enough fluid to those big dual pistons??? <If you have any suggesions please let me know> Thanks Rob

I believe the '96 XJ has a double diaphragm brake booster. I'm pretty sure the E350 (Ford) MC will not seal against that booster.
For a double booster, you probably could use the '98-2000 Dodge 1500. From what I've read, it should bolt right up, but needs a 5/8 extension fit into the push rod bore of the MC.

Look at the reference given above, by SGTMACK.

OK, Thanks XJBubba
I plan on looking into both options and which ever one works best, posting that information for future searchers. I was suprised at the lack of info on this topic thru NAXJA!!! We'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again.

There are tons of threads regarding MC's & brake issues over on Pirate4x4.

Back