• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Takin' orders - OBA brackets (fits HO) and swaybar extension brackets

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
Hey folks,

I'm doing a run of swaybar extension end links that weld to the axle (that thing you plug your swaybar disco into) and OBA brackets to mount a York compressor to an XJ HO motor (no Renix just yet) with AC. Non-AC may be available if there is enough demand.

Don't know cost as of yet, but figure cheap. The bracket will be in the $60- 70 range depending upon materials and time and the swaybar extensions will be around the $15 - 20 range. Swaybar brackets will be out of 3/8" steel, computer plasma cut and unplated, for those wanting over the knuckle steering.

Wanna keep it local and by demand for the time being. I'd be especially cool if your name was in red if you wanted to buy sometin'.

Lemme know front or back channel if you are interested and I'll plan the run and materials based upon that demand.

Grant I'm up for an OBA bracket. Does that come with installation instructions?

karstic said:
Grant I'm up for an OBA bracket. Does that come with installation instructions?

Sure, bring it to my shop and I'll sit around while pointing and drinking beer while you install it. ;) Thems is instructions!

There is one thing on some of the later HO motors, you MAY have to relocate one AC hard line coming out of the condensor and running straight back. I did and had the work done for cheap at an AC shop in Orange (whom I'll highly recommend... great guys and work).

Has anything come to fruition on the disc brake deal? Or have I just been out of the loop too long?

What kind of York compressor do I need? What kind of car can I yank it out of at the pick a part?

karstic said:
What kind of York compressor do I need? What kind of car can I yank it out of at the pick a part?

Yorks came in German cars, some Volvos and Fords. They have square sides and tend to stand up in installation. Look for the number "210" for the high output and 208 or 209's will work well also. The numbers are on the metal tag on the front of the compressor.

There is a 209 laying on the ground (or was a couple of weeks ago) at the Katella lot.

When pulling the compressor, before you touch a bolt, cut the belt and make sure that the compressor turns. If it does, yank it and later hook the positive lead (after grounding, of course) to a 12v source. If it clicks, the clutch is good and you are ready to go. For an XJ you want a two belt clutch.

TheWarWagon said:
Has anything come to fruition on the disc brake deal? Or have I just been out of the loop too long?

Nothing on the rotors as of yet, but I'll hit them up again next week. I talked to them a couple of days ago but it was cursory. Perhaps I'll have pricing on drilled and slotted rotors by the meet and greet.

Interested in an OBA bracket...

and am now 'local'

:D

Oh yeah, special "red letter" club pricing on Optima and Odyssey batteries in two weeks, for pick up only. Possibility of also making secondary battery trays or battery relocation trays for those of you that go OBA (yes, you either have to shrink your battery or move it to the driver's side. The Odyssey may be the solution for those with FIPK's or snorkles).

I need a couple of Sway bar link brackets for my axle. The stock location keeps smacking my draglink / tierod end.

gcurtis said:
There is a 209 laying on the ground (or was a couple of weeks ago) at the Katella lot.

Nope it's gone. Some of us went junkyard hunting after the funeral. I looked around the various piles of parts. Didn't find anything.

Grant and I got my 210 compressor out of an AMC Eagle, which was easy since it was top mounted. Some of the Volvo and Mercedes applications have the compressor buried deep.

xjohnnyc said:
Nope it's gone. Some of us went junkyard hunting after the funeral. I looked around the various piles of parts. Didn't find anything.

Grant and I got my 210 compressor out of an AMC Eagle, which was easy since it was top mounted. Some of the Volvo and Mercedes applications have the compressor buried deep.

Oh yeah, CJ's have them as well, so if you know of someone with a CJ that came with the Golden Eagle package, they are under the hood and most likely unused. Just don't tell them what you are using it for.

Johnny, thanks for reminding me that AMC used them as well. I'll log that tid bit into long term.

gcurtis said:
Oh yeah, special "red letter" club pricing on Optima and Odyssey batteries in two weeks, for pick up only. Possibility of also making secondary battery trays or battery relocation trays for those of you that go OBA (yes, you either have to shrink your battery or move it to the driver's side. The Odyssey may be the solution for those with FIPK's or snorkles).

Which batteries are they and what kind of pricing? Where are you located?
PM me if you can't post here.
Thanks.

jjmat3 said:
Which batteries are they and what kind of pricing? Where are you located?
PM me if you can't post here.
Thanks.

I can post here, I own the company.

All of the Optima series and all of the Odyssey series. Prices forthcoming after I negotiate with the vendors.

Location is Anaheim. Can ship for a price. Name must be in red for the discount.

Hey Grant,

Just a reminder, I will take a set of those sway bar end links. ;)

Hey Grant,
I sure could use a pair of those sway bar brackets. Are they 1 or 2" extensions? How do we get the money to you?
Do you need prepay or pay at pickup?

Aaron

edit for typo's

99xjache said:
Hey Grant,
I sure could use a pair of those sway bar brackets. Are they 1 or 2" extensions? How do we get the money to you?
Do you need prepay or pay at pickup?

Aaron

edit for typo's

No prepaying. I'll do the run once I have all of the orders in (most likely mid to late next week) and then we can figure it out from there. These will be 2" extension but I might do a shorter 1" version in the future if there is some demand. I can't do many short runs of product because of the price of steel...

Back