• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New/Old Waggy lights on my 96

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
thought the ass was lookin a little dull and i was at the junkyard today lookin for a sound bar (didnt find it) and i spotted these lights on a 89? wagoneer.
i like the all red, the amber i think looks gay and these were alot cheaper than the metal housing ones, so if i break it ill just put my old ones back on until i find more waggy lights! i really like the chrome too! little bling-bling for the rear end. the install was easy! all i had to do was pop out the old harness/bulbs and put them in the new one. although the waggy had 4 slots i only used the three from mine cuz i have no clue what that other one was. i also had to notch out the bottom of the mount to fit over that big ass torx bolt. tell me what ya think!

1264pom.jpg

1264r4i.jpg

1264rif.jpg

If you really want to be the cat's ass, how about the four headlight Wagoneer front end. We put one on my son's '95, and it looks good. The headlights suck, though. You can't find the better bulbs because they are that odd size, and they don't last long. He hit a bear coming home from work one night, and we had to replace the left fender, bumper, grille, and header. We found an unmolested '90 Wagoneer Limited at the boneyard. Forty seven bucks for the entire front clip- chrome bumpers and all, and I got the overhead console for my '92 for eight bucks. Good day at the boneyard!

Can you put a Cherokee front clip on a Wagoneer? I have the Cherokee but want to swap the clip onto a running Waggie.
Hoddie.

hoddie said:
Can you put a Cherokee front clip on a Wagoneer? I have the Cherokee but want to swap the clip onto a running Waggie.
Hoddie.
yep. The wiring harness will have to be adapted a little. If you can get the harness with the Chero front clip your life will be cake.

We put an '90 Wagoneer Limited front clip on uor '95. The wiring harness plugged right in. The only problem was the factory fog light relay. Since the '90 came with factory fogs, and the '95 didn't, the wiring in the plug was there, but the relay was bad, and started to melt (it was already burned up). So, I just cut it out, and the rest was cake.

Just finished this swap on my '87 Waggie. I have a '91 Cherokee that went down, so I am building the Waggie from it's parts. The front clip just unbolted front the body and went on the just the same. The wiring harness is the same from the vehicle side. The clip side is where it changes to the duel headlight setup. Plug and play! I also swapped out the tail lights. Mine were busted up and faded. I like to look of the Cherokee ones better anyway.
I will try and get some pics up of the finished product.
Hoddie.

I've been thinking of putting a waggy front end on my MJ. Are the header panels the same between Comanche/Cherokee and Waggy? I need to replace my header panel/grill/bumper anyway, and I'm just wondering if any XJ/MJ panel will work on just a Waggy panel.

Thanks
Pat

Back