• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't get my doors off

ttocsnekia said:
So I have tried just about everything, I can get all but 3 in the drivers door and all but 1 on the passengers door. Any suggestions? Otherwise I will take the angle grinder to it this weekend.

thats what I did on two of them on the passernger side - then replaced all the TORX with hex bolts...

i was on a trail and wanted to take my door off. i got 5 of 6 off but i couldnt get the last one off so i just bent my door all the way down and ripped it off.
i was really mad at my door and didnt really wanna deal with any more sh!t so i just cut all the wires now i cant roll up my 2 front windows or use any powerlocks and the radio doesnt work. o well.....
-Shomsky
btw reaplcae them all with hex bolts when your done

Shomsky462 said:
i was on a trail and wanted to take my door off. i got 5 of 6 off but i couldnt get the last one off so i just bent my door all the way down and ripped it off.
i was really mad at my door and didnt really wanna deal with any more sh!t so i just cut all the wires now i cant roll up my 2 front windows or use any powerlocks and the radio doesnt work. o well.....
-Shomsky
btw reaplcae them all with hex bolts when your done

wow...

wow...

just....

wow...

jeepjay90 said:
u guys know any companies yet with the tube doors, besides BOR.
i have a friend whose trying to sell a pair $150!
his name on here is SCOTTSXJ
hit him up!

plus whoever is tryign to get there doors off, dremels work wonders, cut off as much as the head as you can then take the grinder part and sand the rest of the head off. then vice grip the threads and replace them with hex like everyone said, so easy.

NOTE!!!!!!!:

MAKE SURE! you shoot a coat or two of paint on any metal you cut before you put the doors back on.
i took mine off bye the bolts then cut my hinges to make them removable and didnt shoot em. well theyre all rusty now where i cut them and if i leave them like it (which i wont, i plan on sanding it off and painting it when i stop being lazy/get some free time) theyll probably rust off and my door might fall off on the highway.

so yeh,
paint what you cut, its bare metal. rain loves that shit

any questions on making your doors removable PM me, i have pics, ill do a lil write up if you need it!

TTIWWP.....

door_rip.gif

How can you get mad at a door.

That's like being jealous of my girlfriends zipper.

Dirt said:

I have an outboard motor I don't trust. But I wouldn't go so far as to say I get mad at it. Take a pill, Shomsky dude.

BTW Lou, excellent work once again. I'm crying over here!

Last edited:
Dirt said:

idk cauase maybe it was my yoke that broke twice right when i got to hollister and two ujoints i went through and not being able to drive my jeep till the next day trying to find a yoke and straps that would actaully work. and the fact that my friend is off doing something else when im trying to wrench on my jeep and get it running so i can actually wheel instead of watching other people around me and stuff.
it actaully wasnt mad at it i just didnt care and wanted to go wheeling and get the damn door off. i had to take the torx nuts off with a little allen key pack which took a while.
i just wanted to get it off and wheel. and the fact that i really didnt care how it came off :D

i saw that pic and i was like wait huh thats my jeep and thats excactly how it was. whered you find that pic?
hahaha great thead :D

Sounds like "Anger Management 101" is needed. You have defiled a Jeep !!!! God'll get ya for that one....maybe he already did, now you have to pay to get all that stuff fixed.
Ditto on replacing the torx bolts.

Back