• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf poly bushings

drbobxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok., just got some daystar bushing for my rear leafs.... but they are not wanting to go in.. I have a press and everything, done the OEM one on others..

I have rustys 4.5 lift springs, does anyone know if they are not OEM size bushings??

the label on the box for the bushings says 84-91 XJ.. I know they should be tight but there is no way for them to go in without braking something..

Anyone have the same problem? or did I get the wrong ones?

rocklandxjer said:
try a TINY bit of vaseline that helps sometimes

Oh so tempting, but in this case just the idea of a joke is funnier than the joke itself.

i don't know about Rusty's springs, but RE does not use stock size bushings, i would call Rusty and ask.

Does anyone know with the ID of both ends of the leaf spring for stock are????

and IF anyone has Poly bushings how much bigger where they??

I just tried to call rustys.. busy and then no answer.

Ok.. somebody please help me out.. whats the ID of stock leaf spings eyes??

I can't get anyone at rustys to answers the phone...

I really wanna help you out but I don't know the id of the bushings either. Did you already search the best you could here? I suggest calling Dirk over ad DPG offroad as he always answers phones and is more than glad to help you. Even Rawbrown or fullsize xj (naxja vendors) I am sure will be more than happy to help you. Good luck---------Kyle

You did remember to cut out the metal sleeve that goes between
the stock bushing and the spring eye? most aftermarket bushings dont need the stock sleeve and are sized accordingly. when i did mine with energy suspension poly bushings they went right in with a little lube and a little love from a bfh.

Back