• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Lifts

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got my XJ, and have been reading on your board a lot, am an active member on JB and floridajeepers.net

I was just wondering everyones take on Pro Comp lifts for the XJ?

Ive got about 1200 to spend on a 3-4" lift and rims and 31's...

If you dont like the procomp, can you show me how youd spend your 1200 to lift 3-4" with REAR LEAF PACKS and new rims and 31's... thx!

1200 bones. No problem.

Rubicon Express RE6030 3.5" Super-Flex Kit - Providing 3.5" of flexible off road suspension with RE’s Super-Flex front arms, this Super-Flex kit gives ample clearance for 31x10.50" tires

This is on their web site under suspension systems XJ's. Last one on the bottom. Cost is 620.00
Shocks:
RESK010603DT0 XJ Doetsch Tech DT0 Shock Kit (Set of 4) - XJ Doetsch Tech DT0 Shock Kit
Cost is 100.00
So for 720 plus shipping your in the game. I wouldn't get rims. Waste of money. Just use the stock rims for now. Get a good set of tires. They are cheaper if you mailorder them, but you still have to get them mounted and balanced.
tirerack.com
BFG AT/KO's 31x10.5r15. 112.00 a tire plus shipping. They charge about 45 for shipping. Hope this helps. You might go over with shipping but its going to pretty close. Just my ten cents. Juice

I think Rusty's offroad has full lift kits with rims AND tires for less than a grand.

lift kit

i have a 96 xj 2 dr and a 4.o engine i want to put on a lift(thinking about it ) no more than 3" i heard rough country has front spring's and rear block that is it are they good?? i use it as a daily driver;; so i am looking to go with a 31" tire that is it! i do not want to lose power (a lot) and i do not want to re gear so basicly i am looking for a low budget lift :( just want to be a little higher off the ground and a lift is good if we get a lot of snow here in the northeast :D

I don't like the Pro Comp stuff myself. The 3" PC lift was the first I ever got, because it was the cheapest, and basically I didn't know any better. The track bar relocation bracket broke in less than 6 months, and the ride was crap. By the way, was it 4WPW who tried to sell it to you?

I'd go with RE myself. I have their components up front and would recommend them to anyone. If you do decide to go with RE, shop around instead of going directly through them; you can usually get a better deal that way.

Just my .02

Calvin
NAXJA #365

Well, guys I ended up getting the RE 3.5" Super Flex kit with rear leaf packs for 595 incl shipping vs. everyone elses 620+95 shipping... lemme know ifyoud want that deal..

To the man up there, DONT GO WITH ROUGH COUNTRY!! theyre called that for a reason. Their lifts are crap and Blocks are not good above about an inch. 3" blocks would cause WAY TOO MUCH Unecessary stress on your leaf packs leading to premature sagging...

lift deal

id liKe to Know were you got the re 3.5 " lift with shocKs for 595 + shipping

1549994617_l.jpg

Back