• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grind/vibe at 3-10 mph

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
I notice a grinding sound/feeling when coming to a stop at stop signs, etc. I also have an "eep eep eep eep eep" sound when going over 25 (I can only hear when driving next to a wall or guardrail though.) Could these problems both be from a wheel bearing, how do I find out what is grinding.

braeden said:
I notice a grinding sound/feeling when coming to a stop at stop signs, etc. I also have an "eep eep eep eep eep" sound when going over 25 (I can only hear when driving next to a wall or guardrail though.) Could these problems both be from a wheel bearing, how do I find out what is grinding.
I had the grinding right after I did a lift. Did you just do a lift too? It eventualy went away. A few months later, which was a couple weeks ago, I installed a SYE. The grinding was exactly what I thought it was. It was the yoke out of my rear axle and the drvieshaft grinding together. Whenever you hit the brakes the driveshaft angle steepens and is getting ground down.

if its more of a chirp chirp chirp and you only hear the grinding when coming ot a stop, its probably your brake pads, when they get low they start to grind at the discs which cause that sound, and the chirp chirp is caused by the little amount of rubber that is still there

at least thats what i dealt with once

Back