• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parts is parts???

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a chance to pick up a wrecked 94 passenger side is bad and the front bumper and grille are gone but the hood is in good shape, and it runs good. It's got a new Jasper 4.0 in it so its worth what they are asking just for that and the tranny, but what else can I use on my 98? The 94 has a d35 and I have the 8.25. Can I swap out electronics, starters, water pumps, things like that, or is it anything before 97 won't fit on anything after?

Engine electronics changed between the two years from ODB-I to ODB-II so the engine computers won't interchange. The trans computer and tranny have a few changes to the sensors (front shaft speed sensor was added and the rear sensor changed style and pulses/rev). You could swap the tranny into your 98, but you'll have to swap over computer and wiring harness. You'll also have a permanent check engine light because the 98 engine computer won't be able to talk to the 94 trans computer. Don't know about the rest.

Just curious, how much are they asking?

Back