• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Brush gaurd fitting question

deisenba

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone fit a brush gaurd for the 97-01 XJ on a 84-96 XJ? I currently have one of the older style brush gaurds on my 89 XJ and I ran across one for a new body style and was much more impressed with how it bolts on to the Jeep than the one I have. The newer style one is not going anywhere if hit or pulled against hard as it bolts to the inibody in 4 secure spots, but I have doubts about the older style holding up with only 2 secure spots.

Any thoughts?

I just put one on my 2000. I know you asked for the older style - But, if they make them to certain years I wouldnt think it would line up. I have never had the front off my 87 pioneer, but the front of my 2000 was fairly simple to bolt it too, just line up the holes and tighten bolts.

I can send you some install pics if you think it might help.

I found out the answer when I installed the brush gaurd last night. The 97-01 gaurd will bolt up as the instructions say as long as you remove the hard plastic rubber bumper pieces off the bumper. It is much more sturdy than the older warn one for the 84-96 model.

Back