• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

very cheap electrical fix !!

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
well a couple weeks ago my electrical system started going pretty crazy. i lost my headlights and front parking lights and turn signals, my wipers would turn on with my headlight switch, 4 way idicator would turn on and high beam indicator....
stoped a few days later... well started again yesterday. i was checking the fuse panel everything.

I FINALLY found 4 grounds on the driver side under 2 bundles of wires right by the airbox that was held on with 2 screws... my tires could have easly came up and knocked them out

cleaned them up
drilled a new hole inside engine compartment (theres a nice metal piece that folds up right there)
put all 4 on one bolt

i recomend you do this. its really easy and by far worth the time !

keith

Could you post some pics please, i am having issues with my windows working and this might be why.

Sounds about right. The only thing I'd do different (you might have as well, but you didn't mention,) is that I'd also clean the spot around where I put the screw down to BARE METAL, and give everything a coating of Ox-Gard when I put it back together. This will ensure a good ground, and keep corrosion to a minimum.

5-90

yea- new hole i drilled that i ran the bolt through i cleaned up with the dremel before i put the grounds and bolt on it.. i sprayed it with some anti corrode stuff also.

oo7-
i doubt these grounds have anything to do with the windows.. mine all worked fine when i was having the problem... i know really not that much about electronics. but i did notice after unplugging a certain one in the fuse panel the windows didnt work.. so id make sure all them were tight. and all the window electrical plugs are in tight..

hope your fix is as easy as mine haha

yea- new hole i drilled that i ran the bolt through i cleaned up with the dremel before i put the grounds and bolt on it.. i sprayed it with some anti corrode stuff also.

oo7-
i doubt these grounds have anything to do with the windows.. mine all worked fine when i was having the problem... i know really not that much about electronics. but i did notice after unplugging a certain one in the fuse panel the windows didnt work.. so id make sure all them were tight. and all the window electrical plugs are in tight..

hope your fix is as easy as mine haha

keith h

Back