• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mile Marker winch

R

roke40

Anyone running a Mile Marker hydraulic winch? It looks like a pretty good alternative to the Warn & Ramsey. I'm just concerned about burning up my PS pump. Would an upgrade pump from AGR and a cooler be necessary if installing one?

I am running one. You do NOT need a upgraded pump, and I would advise against AGR, do a search and I think you will agree. As far as the cooler, YES, get one...never a bad idea.

If you do get one, get the remote mount valves.

Rev

I also have a Milemarker 10,500# and like it alot.
The cooler is always a good idea. AGR seems to be hit or miss these days. I just installed one, and it leaked for a day or two. I think I've got the leak fixed, but it IS louder than the stock unit.
Stay with your stock pump, IMO.

Thanks guys. Are the remote mount valves part of the kit they sell for adapting it to the PS pump?

Rev Den said:
Yes, but the kit is avaliable both ways, remote mount or winch mount, you want the remote mount.

Rev
Rev, you've got me curious...
Is your solenoid pak mounted remotely? Mine came attached to the winch, so I left it on there. It looks like it would come off easily, but where do you suggest mounting it?
Fill me in...
TIA!:cool:

Mine is mounted on the winch. If you have the ARB bumper it is a tight fit, in fact on my 90 it was too tight and required a clearance hole in the bumper bracket. To avoid anyone having this issue, I recommend they get the remote mounted pack. I have no idea where you would mount it.

Rev

I know Im digging, but I didnt want to make a new thread.

What do you think about running the hydraulic winch AND hydro assist?
Do you think thats a little much for the PS pump?
I suppose I could run a seperate pump...

creeperjeep said:
I know Im digging, but I didnt want to make a new thread.

What do you think about running the hydraulic winch AND hydro assist?
Do you think thats a little much for the PS pump?
I suppose I could run a seperate pump...

I am hooking up my hydro assist this week (already run the 9k hydro winch), don't think it will a big deal at all since the winch only pulls hydraulic power when being used.

Back