• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Handbrake in an MJ?

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone ever done it?

I've been looking at the stock MJ setup and wondering how the hell I'm going to pull this off.

granted I didn't start trying to fit things up, but I don't see how I'm going to get a solid piece of rod to go from the XJ handle to the MJ's cable retianer bracket without doing something VERY goofy or cutting a recess in the back of the cab.

I could lower the MJ's retainer bracket to make it flush with the cab floor, but I REALLY don't want to do that.

whatever the case may be, I'm gonna start cuttin' tomorrow

Two words: Line lock.

CRASH

Two more words: You're fawked. :D

CRASH

Static-XJ said:
Since you have the donor XJ, why not just ditch the MJ pedal and cables, then swap in the XJ cables and lever?

because you've never looked under an MJ ;) I've already ditched the pedal assembly (it was junk to begin with, rusted to sh1t and the cable that runs through the cab was broke)

Andy... Are you saying that U.R. Fawked Mfg. Co. has a solution to my problem :confused:

Same problems here! There is no straight shot from A to B --- will look at going from hand lever - up through end of tranny tunnel - out through hole for current cable. Looks to be a close to straight shot this way.

Back