• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Questions

AZRockRunner

Nobody
I just bought a ford 8.8 out of a 2000 exploder. I go the disk brakes and calipers and everything complete with 4:10 gears and there ( trac-loc )
My 2 questions are as follows:

1: Should I run the 4:10 gears and just upgrade my D30 to 4:10? I am running 32x11.50 r15 but will probably go 33 in about 2 years. Also, it is an auto tranny.

2: does anybody know what the 3 electrical wires coming from the rear 8.8 axle are for? I am thinking the ABS but not 100% sure.

Thanks

RockingAz said:
1: Should I run the 4:10 gears and just upgrade my D30 to 4:10? I am running 32x11.50 r15 but will probably go 33 in about 2 years. Also, it is an auto tranny.
Since you'll need to re-gear at least one of your axles, and you plan to run 33s, I'd suggest that you regear both your D30 and your new 8.8 to 4.56s. You'll be kicking yourself later if you spend the money on re-gearing your front axle only to find that your gearing isn't low enough.

the wires are for the abs just leave them thare, iam running 33 in swampers with 4;10's and it seems to be fine except for maybe very slow crawling but if i was to regear it would be to 4;88 since i dont drive it on the street

Thanks for the info. After talking to Randys ring and pinion, the gears are not that expensive for the ford 8.8, and I have a friend that can have them set for me for 100 bones. So I guess I will soon be posting a used set of 4:10 ford 8.8 gears for sale huh? 4:56's here I come baby..................

my 2k explorer 8.8 had the same 3 wires coming out, after looking closely I noticed that the 3 wires went into a plug and I just unplugged it and no more wires, check yours out, might be the same as mine
RockingAz said:
2: does anybody know what the 3 electrical wires coming from the rear 8.8 axle are for? I am thinking the ABS but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Back