• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is 350 + shipping too much for D44 ?

98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
:confused:

it seems that the 8.8 conversion is getting more popular and is driving the prices of D44's down a bit... i dont think that $300 - $350 is unreasonable for a complete bolt-in unit that probably only needs brakes.... i have one listed on ebay now..
mike

what the hell, since when did corprate start driving down Dana prices! I would never stick anything but DANA under my junk. I dont understand why people like making the 'jeeps' into muts. JEEZ whats this world comming to!:D

Last edited:
hell i paid 350 for my boneyard 44 and just want my money out of it plus the parts i put in it and have for it... i want 400 ( which is actually taking a $50 loss) and no bites.... maybe i'll just sit on it till they get hot again... ::shrug::

I sold my 44, sans brakes for $400

geez....i'll sell a set of SJ waggy 44s for less than that!! (and yes....I've got a spare set to sell)

How much to 78539? I would really like to know total. I have been looking to get a front 44, and a rear I could give to my brother for his cherokee, unless you wanna sell just the front?---thanks===Kyle

bolt in what ? rear 44? if you have money that talks i'll rebuild the one i have with the parts i have for the right price.... however u want... pm me if interested.

what the hell, since when did corprate start driving down Dana prices! I would never stick anything but DANA under my junk. I dont understand why people like making the 'jeeps' into muts. JEEZ whats this world comming to!

Dear GAWD, do you ever fail to pimp Dana stuff? :rolleyes:

Dana stuff, truth be told, SUCKS ASS. It is hard to set up (inside shim design), the tolerances are sloppy (sometimes large differences in pinion depth), the tubes bend (got dana 35?), and you can't weld to most of the center sections.

How has Dana market share been the last couple of years? Sucks, doesn't it? The last good idea Dana had was the reverse spiral center section in 1969!

I'd MUCH rather set up any Ford or Toyota diff than a Dana.

CRASH......reluctant front Dana 44 owner.

Crash's front dana is self healing, which I wish my Ford 9 would take a lesson.

What's wrong with that??? Hummm Crash?? :D

The 8.8 is a good swap, you can find them with 4.10's and a LS for around the $400 mark, and that's with disc brakes.

Why wouldn't ya??

i have an extra one kicking around.. 3.07's with a track-loc.... i am tired of people telling me they want it for 250 or they are just going to buy an 8.8 in their neighborhood... thats why i said they are driving the prices down... and as far as the disks on the 8.8 go.. the only advantage would be if you are going to a 4:1 crawl ratio with an automatic... other than that the big dana drums will do just as well... if i dont get what i want its not gonna kill me.. i'll just regear that one instead of the one im running on now... i'm just sitting patiently for a local buyer cause shipping isnt really reasonable IMHO
mike

Out here 350 is a steal,they typically sell for 500-1000$.Shipping is where it can really get expensive!

I am in Milwaukee and would like to replace my 3.55 chryco with a Dana 44 in 4.10 or 4.56 with a detroit. Will also need to regear front accordingly. I will pay, but I won't be bent over. Any help out there let me know.
Appreciated.

LRRH said:
geez....i'll sell a set of SJ waggy 44s for less than that!! (and yes....I've got a spare set to sell)

Not the same thing at all. Those have a different wheel lug pattern and require welding up new mounts before installing. An XJ D44 is a bolt-in unit, therefore yours should sell for less.

I've talked to people asking $500 to $600 for XJ Dana 44s. I think $350 is a fair price. Cost of shipping does not affect whether or not the selling price is fair, it affets only whether the total package including shipping is worth it to the prospective buyer.

Back