• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj. Trac bar or JKS?

that is a very broad question, what problems do you have? what are you trying to accomplish? what lift etc etc etc......

my bad, i just ordered my roof rack with light mounts. but i got a 3" pro comp lift 31 BFG MTs. my alignment is fine i dont really need either of these things but im trying to figure which would be more beneficial. im guessing an adj trac bar and stabalizer would benefit everyday that i drive cuz i hear they make a world of a difference while driving but also JKS discos would be awesome to have when im out on the trails.

I would go with safety first. I consider installing a qualtiy adj. track bar more of a benefit road safety wise than JKS disco's. I guess it depends if it is only a trail rig (or mostly), then go with the disco's (assuming your existing trac-bar is somewhat decent, then that could be a safety issue off-roading).....have I confused everyone enough?

for whats its worth I just put a new adj trac bar and steering stabilizer on. To be honest I didn't notice 'that' big of a difference on the road, granted if your doing a lot of cornering at speed you may like the feel better. Everyday driving I don't notice anything great.
As for the disco's, well if you offroad a lot and enjoy the extra flex/articulation they may provide I would say go with them.
I am new to this sport so my 2cents isn't worth what others may be... but if my axle was centered ok without the adj trac bar, I would have went with disco's.
On a side note, I had one hell of a time removing my old steering stabilizer, I had to go out and buy a pickle fork to get the bolt holding it into the draglink out... SOB that it was it come sout with force so strap that stabilizer to the draglink if you want to remove that bolt... look out.

I dont do that much off roading maybe 2-3 times a month but i would love to have the extra flex. And my axle is pretty centered right now, luckily i dont NEED an adjustable trackbar to center my axle like my friends zj did. just having a hard time deciding which would help me out more. If the adjustable trac bar really isnt gonna make that much of a difference. then id prolly just go with the Quick discos and a couple light mounts for my roof rack.

Back