• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle hose location? Please help

xstoyz

NAXJA Forum User
The hose that comes out of the back of the front axle fell out and was dragging along under the Jeep. It is still attached at the axle end. I need to know where the other end attaches to. A photo would be a huge help. I have searched under the Jeep for about an hour, as well as searched through this site and I have found nothing. I am assuming it is a Vaccume hose, but it is pretty thick.

Thanks,
Ed

what year is the jeep?

Are you talking about the vent tube for the front diffrential?
If you are; it dosn't connect to anything, it just needs to be pointed up and secured. Mine has a little plastic thing on the end, but if yours was dragging it may have fallen off.

Sorry, The Jeep is a '88 Limited.

It does have a small white plastic thing at the end. I assumed it was a connector for whatever the hose plugged in to.

So this just needs to be run up into the engin compartment and secured as a vent tube?

I should run along the upper control arm(note holes for zip ties) and up the fire wall near the rear of the intake manifold.
Wayne

Back