• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.E.D. lights

holeshot

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever install any L.E.D. tail lights? I just installed THOR's rear quarter pannel gaurds with the led lights. The turn signal no longer flashes. The LED's light up when the switch is depressed but doesnt flash. The hazzards flash fine. I am thinking it is due to the lack of resistance from the LED's. Is there a different flasher I can use?

Thanks, found many results. I did do a search, but people are always so vague with their subjects. I will try switching the relays and see what happens.

You might also want to switch to an "electronic," rather than the conventional "thermal," flasher.

The resistance of the LED's is vastly different from the incandescent bulbs. Since the common "thermal" flasher depends upon bulb resistance to determine flash rate, adding lots of lights (like hooking up a trailer) or changing the total lighting resistance (like installing LEDs) is going to SERIOUSLY screw with the flash rate.

Electronic flashers have the flash rate determined internally, and therefore don't care how many lights are connected (as long as you don't exceed the number of bulbs or "sink current" for the unit.)

Expect to pay ~$10-12 per unit (you'll want two,) and ask for an equivalent to a #552 thermal unit...

5-90

I just swaped the hazzard flasher with the turn signal flasher. Everything is good now. Just have to purchase another flasher for the hazzards now. Thanks again.

Back