• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it possible

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
today i was stuck in the traffic for about 1 hour and the temp gauge start to climb and stayed at first line after the 1/2 and then just die completly, tried to start it back on and nothing, so i move it to the side and wait to cool down, it was taking too long so i disconnected the batt to reset the ecu and put it back on and started like nothing happened, my question what happend to it is it for the overheating or i need to start looking in to something else

its a 99 I6 4x4 auto

Probably due to overheating. I've seen it happen with several computer-controlled vehicles, especially OBD-compliant models.

Have you flushed your system recently? How old is the thermal fan clutch? The system should be flushed and the coolant replaced every other year, and the fan clutch is good for 3-4 years at best. Also, make sure your electric fan is turning on (the ECU should trip the relay,) and get some Water Wetter when you refill - the stuff just works.

Start there, you should see a difference.

5-90

Back