• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are there for? pics inside ....

djthomas22

NAXJA Forum User
I have a used lift kit that was not a "kit" to begin with. The guy just pieced it together. Anyway, he gave me these wit the kits. Only thing is, I have the lift on and these were "left over". I've never put a lift kit on leaf springs so maybe they go there somewhere.

What are these??????
CIMG0942.jpg

The kit included:

2" shackles (w/hardware)
1" lift blocks (w/hardware)
3.5 Rough Counrty front springs
4 Rough Counrty shocks
1 Sway Bar Drop ..... HUH???

So maybe these are supposed to be the swaybar drop but I can't see how they can be mounted..... I didn't see anything in the box that even looks close to a swaybar drop but I think he really meant to say track bar.....

BTW, Here is the Cherokee:
CIMG0932.jpg

Looks like they would raise the rear swaybar mounts to compensate for the lift maybe? (Mounted sideways between the U-bolt top plate and the swaybar mount at the axle.)
Pretty useless really, since you don't need your rear swaybar.

yes they are front sway bar drops, they are garbage, hang too low, ditch them for extended links

Yes, those are the front sway bar drops. Exact same thing came with my Rusty's 4.5". They are crap. Buy JKS quicker disconnects.

OK so they are swaybar drops and now I can see how the mount. I'm getting extended quick disconnects anyway so I'm not going to put these on. Thanks All.

Exactly and those look like crap.........they will push the bar right into the coil, if you are going to use drop down brackets for the front swaybar, pick up the RE ones, they actually drop the bar straight down not back and down.

CartsXJ said:
Exactly and those look like crap.........they will push the bar right into the coil, if you are going to use drop down brackets for the front swaybar, pick up the RE ones, they actually drop the bar straight down not back and down.
x2

Back