• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Tool?

O

oregonxjman

Hey all...I've looked on here and everyone says that you need a t-60 torx bit to replace the o-ring for the oil filter adapter, so I went out and bought one, got the o-ring and such....and low and behold, the t-60 does not fit. It looks to me that mine is a allen wrench, but I don't have on standard or meteric that fits it. Does anyone know what size it could be so I can go and get one and stop my oil leak.

Thanks

I think there is a third type - hex key - but I don't recall the size. I'm fairly sure it's been posted here, so it's worth a search.

I need to get a set of those bolts, see what all is different, then write a CNC programme to make a more "common" version for all of us. This gets tiring...

At least RENIX used a 5/8" box wrench to get theirs on and off - all six of mine (five rigs and a loose engine) do!

5-90

IIRC, my 94 uses a big honkin' hex/Allen wrench.

The 92 I just did has standard hex head on it, used a box end wrench.

My 96 was a T60.

Pm Hithergreen in England. He had the same problem.

thanks for that,just finished it.it was an allen key ,so i bought a 15mm allen key wrench and trimmed it down.i found it easier to work from above but it was still a right pain.
cheers,
rich.

My 93 takes a 14mm Allen. Best way to tell if is an Allen or Torx, is use a mirror & flash light so you can see it. I used one of those socket Allen's & took the Allen part out & used with a wrench, because there's not much room between the motor & body.

Rob $.02

Back