• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel spacers after lift?

Cherokee Yellow

NAXJA Forum User
Currently running a 2" BB on 31's on my 01 XJ. Have rubbing at full turn on LCA's, and spring perch. Getting ready to do RE 3.5" superflex, will this correct the rubbing, or should I go with spacers (someone is offering me a good deal on some 1.75" spacers) to correct the issue until I can afford new wheels with different backspacing? If I go with the spacers, will I rub my flares at flex? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

The lift won't cure the rub. Problem is backspacing. Spacers will help. I'm at 3 inches, and running 255/70/16's on stock 16x7 rims. They rubbed until I put on 1.25 inch spacers up front. Had them on for about 6 months now, no problems. Spacers will help, or new wheels with correct backspacing. I'm not impressed with the spacer concept, but I, like you, can not swing new wheels at this time. I plan to go to 265/75/16 next, and expect no rubbing on LCA's with the wheel spacers.
HTH.......

Just adjust the wheel stops. It's easy and it's free lol. With the help of a friend to turn the steering wheel should only take 5 minute to do.

Back