• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radio Rear Mount + Pic Request

almondjoy137

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have a 2000 xj and i've been looking into a CB radio. Ive been looking through some other threads about the firestik door jam mount that fits about above the rear taillight, but all the pictures have been on earlier 90's XJ's and not for the newer ones. Just wondering if the firestik mount fits and i'm looking for some pictures of other newer rigs of where CB antennas are mounted. Thanks.

almondjoy137 said:
Hey I have a 2000 xj and i've been looking into a CB radio. Ive been looking through some other threads about the firestik door jam mount that fits about above the rear taillight, but all the pictures have been on earlier 90's XJ's and not for the newer ones. Just wondering if the firestik mount fits and i'm looking for some pictures of other newer rigs of where CB antennas are mounted. Thanks.

I have a 2000 and used the firestick hood mount. It looks pretty good. I don't have a picture of the antenna but have a pic of the actual CB that might give you some ideas where to mount it. I found that the mounting options in my 2000 really sucked.

main.php

here's my firestik mount, I got the kit MK-204R. comes with the mount and 4 screws (I only needed 3 since I used the top brake light screw), and 18 feet of cable. I got it at a local shop for a little under the MSRP. :) oh, that's a 4' antenna, for height referrence. The shop I got the kit at recommended a nice flexible Wilson antenna, but I already had this one from a friend, and I wanted to keep using the trail flag (Paragon requires a trail flag). my cb is mounted to the passenger side of the center console (next to the transmission shifter)

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

Last edited:
fwiw, I just "tested" my mount over the past few hours through some relatively heavy woods... sand trails with some tight spots (brush rubbing both mirrors, and branches as low as the roof). the antenna took a beating, but it held up. :) actually, this is the second time I've gone through that forest. a flexible antenna would be a better idea, IMO... but for my purposes (trail flag mount) it still holds up.

I'm not sure how other people do it, but I installed my mount so the angled part would act as a guard for the cable and push branches and junk away from the body a little.

I mounted mine to the side of the rear bumper ... If I need in the back I just unscrew it ..but I'm rarely in there so it's no big deal and I won't have to worry about somthing tearing it off the side

I agree with on the back, tire carrier or magnet mount to the roof. I just ripped my side mounted off on Guardrail @ Tellico. I went for a cheap roof magnet mount until I fab the tire carrier and then will mount a new K40 on it.

Matt

similar cb mount, due to lack of space in the xj's this seemed a very viable location out of the way and the antenna was mounted on the drivers side front fender mount to prevent being ripped off by trees here the pacific northwest
14318vk.jpg

1431ens.jpg

How did you anchor that plate to your ceiling? I don't think my cb is as big, but I would really like to try to mount it up top. I just didn't want to tear up my head liner to find out that It couldn't be done, or worse yet, run a screw through the roof.

I just used the existing visor mount, removed the mounts, trimmed the plastic stud that goes into the mount to help hold it in place, then reused the original screws and used some self tapping inplace where the stud used to be and it works perfect no movement at all. thanks John

Back