• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 yoke

smilesyota

NAXJA Member #1366
Hi all,
I just installed a 8.8 in my 93HO with aw4 231 and the ford yoke I bought is too wide for the factory ujoint. the part number I used was E9TZ-4782-B.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem wrong part#?
Thanks.

smilesyota said:
Hi all,
I just installed a 8.8 in my 93HO with aw4 231 and the ford yoke I bought is too wide for the factory ujoint. the part number I used was E9TZ-4782-B.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem wrong part#?
Thanks.

It is a companion flange for an explorer where they used a 1330 U-Joint. Your drive shaft is a 1310. The 1310 and the 1330 share the same diameter end caps except the 1330 is a tad longer.

IT IS OKAY THOUGH!

You can use a Spicer U-Joint that runs 1310 on one end (the drive line) and 1330 on the other end (the axle side).

The Spicer Part number is 5134X. A Napa equivelent is NUJ2100134. The Spicer is the best one to get but I bought one from Napa today as a trail spare.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks cracker, I will go to napa today! I shimed the caps with some washers to get it moving but it's not tight and it vibrates. I will check napa.

These people sell a true yoke for the 8.8.
http://www.iedls.com/home.html

EDIT: Dammit, I posted in the wrong thread! What happened to the "delete post" button?
:doh:

Talk about a blast from the past.

Back